Playing with Pastry Dough

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Made a big quantity of sweet shortcrust pastry dough.
On the first day, I turned some into Egg custard tarts.

Tried out 2 recipes I found for the egg custard, but I'm not really satisfied with the results.

One turned out tasting too egg-y, whereas the other one is too sweet and diluted.

Will keep trying!


Decided to make some fruit tarts with the leftover dough.
I can only find fresh dragonfruit and grapes at home So i also used those cut mix fruits from a can.

For the filling, i used instant custard as usual, and for a finishing touch, the fruits were glazed with some jelly.

So much time and work needed to make these tartlets, but they're well worth it.
^_____^



3 comments:

Jeng Mun said...

EGG TARTS~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CandyLolly said...

Come my house. we make again with different recipe

Anonymous said...

Absolutely with you it agree. Idea good, it agree with you.

 
◄Design by Pocket